What do seniors really want when they’re dying? Asking them, and listening carefully to what they say, could lead – surprisingly – to cost-savings for big government systems like Medicare. Guests include a Duke health policy expert, Donald H. Taylor, who asked terminally ill people: what if you had to choose between last-ditch therapies and the simple things? Their answers might surprise you.
Also, a Durham, N.C., woman describes how she faced hard choices as she comforted her dying mom.
- Read the episode transcript
- Read a blog post Don Taylor wrote about the changes coming to Medicare in 2016.
- Explore information about having an end-of-life conversation with someone.
- Read 10 FAQ’s: Medicare’s Role in End-of-Life Care
- Music by David Schulman and Sound of Picture.