Highlight for Basic Page
A Completed Application Includes:
1. Complete the 2018 Application Form, which also requires the following:
- Current résumé in standard format, download résumé example (PDF preferred; Word doc accepted)
- Open-ended essay questions
(For preparation purposes, you can download a PDF version of the application form. However, note that applications are only accepted online.)
2. Two letters of reference
- First letter must be from a current professor
- Second letter should ideally be from a past supervisor or colleague, but can be from a current/previous professor
The letters should address how your personal, professional, and/or academic qualities and experiences will support your success in a competitive, Geneva-based, internship. Recommenders may include specific examples that illustrate the quality of your character and abilities. References should send letters of recommendation directly to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline, December 11, 2017.
- Undergraduate applicants: In addition to two letters of recommendation, program staff will schedule a phone call to speak with each of your recommenders individually.
- Duke MScGH applicants: One of your two letters of recommendation should be from your thesis supervisor.
The application period for the full-program is now closed. Students are still welcome to apply to the Intensive Course-Only Program by visiting this webpage. The application deadline is April 22, 2018, 11:59PM EST.
The admissions process is highly competitive. Criteria for admission includes an applicant’s educational and professional background, leadership skills, and commitment to a career in global policy. Priority will be given to students who have a combination of relevant work, academic, and volunteer experience. More information can be found in the FAQ.