Five Sanford School of Public Policy alumni are among the 13 Duke University students and alumni who received Fulbright awards for 2018-2019. A sixth earned a certificate in child and family policy from the Center for Child and Family Policy.
Here are the Sanford School alumni, their host countries and projects:
- Medha Gudavalli PPS ’16, Ecuador: English instruction
- Vanessa Lusa PPS ’18, Spain: English instruction
- Attyat Mayans, T ’18, CCFP certificate, China: China’s Academic and Social Divide: Preparing to Study Domestically or Abroad for College
- Chloe McIntosh PPS/T ’17, Brazil: English instruction
- Tierney Pretzer PPS ’18, South Korea: English instruction
- Maura Smyles PPS ’18, Spain: Paternity Leave in Spain: Usage and Impact on Gender Roles
Smyles also earned a certificate in child policy.
More than 1,900 U.S. students and young professionals in more than 100 different fields of study are offered Fulbright Program grants to study, teach English and conduct research abroad each year in over 140 countries.
Duke is a top producer of U.S. Fulbright awardees, with a current total of 480 student awardees.