Through research and courses, Sanford faculty provide an in-depth understanding of economic, sociological, and political forces that shape health care systems in the U.S. and other countries. Health policy directly affects who receives health care and how, and Sanford provides decision-making tools for students and policy makers.
PhD in Public Policy
Sample elective courses:
- Climate Change Economics and Policy
- International Environmental Policy
- Collective Action
- Sustainable Development
- Environment & Development
- Energy & Development Global Environmental Health
- Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development
- Duke Global Health Institute
- Duke Law School
- Duke School of Medicine
- Duke School of Nursing
- Fuqua School of Business
- Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Nicholas School of the Environment
- Social Science Research Institute
- Trinity College of Arts and Sciences
Sample Stories & Research
What can you do with a focus on health policy?
Marcus Morrow received his MPP in 2014. He is a strategic intelligence manager at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and co-owns Chibanga's neighborhood market in Durham. In the past, he has worked for Deloitte, Booz Allen Hamilton, and the city of Charlotte.
Interested in pursuing a degree with a focus on Health policy? Great! The admissions page for each program has detailed guidelines, including our contact info. Please reach out!