Through research and courses, Sanford faculty provide in-depth understanding of economic, sociological and political forces that shape health care systems in the U.S. and other countries. Health policy directly affects who receives health care and how, and Sanford provides decision making tools for students and policy makers.
Related Programs & Courses
- The Public Policy Studies major is a perennial top major at Duke University.
- Health policy certificate available.
PhD in Public Policy
Sample elective courses:
- Climate Change Economics and Policy
- International Environmental Policy
- Collective Action
- Sustainable Development
- Environment & Development
- Energy & Development Global Environmental Health
- Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development
- Duke Global Health Institute
- Duke Law School
- Duke School of Medicine
- Duke School of Nursing
- Fuqua School of Business
- Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Nicholas School of the Environment
- Social Science Research Institute
- Trinity College of Arts and Sciences
Our faculty have produced research and scholarship contribute to the knowledge base for evidence-driven policy around health. They have worked with community partners around North Carolina on health-related issues; designed a community-based program for caregivers of veterans; and provided a variety of evidence-based policy insights during the global pandemic.