Welcome to the Sanford alumni family!
Here is information to help you stay connected to the Sanford School community.
- How do I become a member of the Sanford alumni community and Duke Alumni Association?
If you earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from The Sanford School of Public Policy, congratulations—you are automatically a member of the Sanford and Duke alumni communities! You are now one of 8,000+ Sanford alumni and 180,000+ Duke alumni worldwide. As an alumnus, you are invited to take part in benefits, resources, and programming offered from Sanford’s Development and Alumni Relations team and the Duke Alumni Association.
- How can I find out about events and services provided to alumni?
Make sure that Sanford has your current email and mailing address on file. We will communicate with you primarily through our monthly e-newsletter, The Sanford Memo. Be sure to read it to learn the latest news from Sanford, what’s happening with fellow alumni, and find out about upcoming events and programs on campus and in your community. Class of 2020 graduates please note your @duke.edu email address will only be active until spring 2021, so please give us your lifetime email address to ensure you continue to receive communications from Duke. Your mailing address is important because we base our regional event invitations based on your address. You can update your contact information here.
You can also stay informed about events and activities by following us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Please also visit the Duke Alumni Association alumni benefits page for information on additional Duke alumni resources.
- What are the benefits of staying connected to Sanford and Duke?
Alumni benefits include:
- Invitations to alumni events—virtual and in cities around the world
- Ask A Blue Devil - allows you to connect with fellow alumni for career advice
- Remain connected to students and faculty through volunteer opportunities
- Access Duke Alumni Association’s numerous career resources
- 5 complimentary visits a year to Wilson or Brodie gyms
- Complimentary admission to the Nasher Museum of Art + discounted admission to the Lemur Center Library
- Borrowing privileges and access to certain online databases
- 20% once-a-year discount at Duke Stores JB Duke and Washington Duke room reservation discounts
- How can I find other alumni at my company, in my region, or for networking purposes?
The Duke Alumni Association’s Duke Alumni directory gives you access to more than 180,000 Duke alumni around the world.
- How do I change my mailing address or other information on file with Sanford and Duke?
To update your address, phone number, email, or employment information, you can:
- How can I keep the community updated about my life?
Please send us your news. New job, promotion, award, wedding, birth or other milestone? Tell us so we can share the news with your classmates. If you need to update your contact information, please visit the alumni directory website.
- Will Sanford help me keep in touch with my classmates?
- Will I lose access to my student email account?
Your student @duke.edu email account expires one year after graduation, but you can get an @alumni.duke.edu address that you can use as a full account or forward to your preferred inbox—it’s your permanent link to Duke. To learn more visit the Duke Alumni Association website.
- How do I access information on the Duke alumni websites that is behind a password?
Duke OneLink is a service that allows alumni and friends to sign in to select Duke online systems. OneLink requires registration so that Duke can associate your OneLink credentials to a new or existing Duke account. You can choose to link your Duke identity to a social account (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, or Yahoo) or if you prefer to have a separate username and password to sign in to OneLink supported services, you may create a new set of credentials through the OneLink ID process. Click here to set up your OneLink account.
- Are there virtual tools to help me connect to Sanford and Duke alumni with similar interest to me?
There are a number of places to connect online with the alumni community. Visit alumni.duke.edu and login to browse all the groups available for you to join. Groups are organized by affinity, industry, regional, and by school. You may join interest groups such as the Duke Policy & Politics Network, Duke Journos, the National Security group, and the Sanford School group.
Congratulations Class of 2020 from Dean Kelley