The Sanford School's undergraduate Public Policy Studies (PPS) major attracts many students to our multi-disciplinary problem-solving curriculum. PPS is one of the most popular majors at Duke, with about 200 students graduating from the program each year. PPS graduates are passionate about policy and making a difference in the world. Many graduates go on to careers in government, nonprofits, law or the private sector where their analytical and memo writing skills are highly valued
Our staff can help you:
- Make connections with alumni in policy areas you want to explore
- Meet students on campus who have interned at relevant organizations
- Navigate the process of searching for and securing an internship
- Learn practical job search skills and networking strategies
- Explore career interests through ongoing advising
Through the internship process, we build caring relationships with students, some of whom continue to seek our advice well after graduation.
Access Your Handshake Account
Duke has created a Handshake account to help you find interesting internships and jobs. Fill in your profile and work with your TA to format your resume in order to receive the most relevant alerts about employer info sessions and job/internship openings.