The 4+1 Accelerated Master of Public Policy track is an opportunity for Duke undergraduate Public Policy majors to complete both their undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years. Majors who are able to pursue graduate-level coursework during their Senior year are eligible to apply in the spring of their Junior year. Students will complete the entire 51 graduate credits required for traditional 2-year MPP students.
- Must be a Duke University undergraduate Public Policy major
- Must have a 3.5 GPA in the public policy major and overall. (Must maintain through junior year.)
- Must have a GRE in the top quartile; take GRE in Fall or Spring of Junior year.
- Must meet with PubPol Director of Undergraduate Studies and MPP Director of Graduate Studies prior to applying.
- Must have three letters of recommendation - we suggest two faculty and one internship/professional.
- Complete online MPP application.
- April 20 (of Junior year): application deadline
- May 1: Notification of admission decision
- May 15: Commit to accept admission