The MPP Program offers six policy-area concentrations that span domestic and global policy issues. The concentration is recorded on the student’s transcript upon graduation.
- complete nine credits of coursework in the concentration (either one, three-credit foundations course plus six elective course credits, or, for concentrations without a designated foundations course, nine approved elective course credits)
- complete a summer internship related to the concentration
- write a master’s project in the concentration area
For electives, MPP students may take courses at Sanford, in departments and schools at Duke or:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina State University
- North Carolina Central University.