The Office of Career Services is here to help you get great jobs and internships.
We encourage you to visit with an advisor regularly. The small MPP class size at the Sanford School allows us to get to know you well, so we can make specific suggestions for your career and connect you with employers and alumni.
We are committed to offering individually tailored advising, and the more you visit our office and take advantage of our resources, the more productive your career search will be. We can :
- help you with general career planning and networking
- guide your internship and job search
- review your resume and cover letters.
We use SanfordCareerLink to manage appointments, provide handouts and presentations, and list job and internship opportunities. Register for an account and we’ll approve you right away.
Overview of Services
One-on-One Career Advising
We are experts at individual advising and coaching to help you achieve your career goals. We will work with you to develop a plan, make connections, write great resumes and cover letters, and negotiate your job offers. The small size of the program allows us to dedicate plenty of time to student advising.
Professional Development Boot Camps and Workshop Series
Brush up on your professional skills and jump-start your internship search.
- Alumni Connections - Our alumni love to help students.
- Practice Interviews - Often with local alumni
- Winter Career Forum in Washington, D.C. - Two days of panels and site visits with alumni and employers. Get the inside perspective on DC careers.
- Summer Reception on Capitol Hill
- NC Networking Opportunities – Site visits, employer info sessions, and an evening career forum and reception. North Carolina is a rapidly developing area, particularly in fields related to technology, children, education, poverty, environmental quality, and community development. Your policy interests may be best served by a local internship.
Job/Internship Database, Job Lists, and Resource Books
Browse, read former student internship evaluations, conduct a targeted search, and connect.
A series of handouts our office has created on topics including resumes, cover letters, networking, interviewing, negotiating, and careers in specific sectors.
Internship and Professional Development Funds
We can help fund an unpaid internship or a professional development opportunity, such as an interview or conference.